Standard Bank Internet Banking – How to Open? – Features, Benefits and More
Standard Bank internet banking facility provides a quick and easy way to make your payments, manage and transfer money in your accounts from anywhere at any time. All you need to have is a reliable and secure internet connection.
The Standard Bank internet banking option does not restrict you to branch hours. You can pay your bills, reverse debit orders and make international payments from any of your internet-enabled devices at any time of the day or night.
How to Open or Register Standard Bank Internet Banking
Before you can open the Standard bank internet banking, you first need to ensure that you meet all the registration requirements. But what are these requirements?
You need to have a valid:
- Business Auto Bank,
- Auto Bank,
- E plan card,
- Mastercard Credit,
- An ATM pin.
You can as well enroll for internet banking through Standard Bank cellphone banking. However, it would help if you used the customer-selected PIN (CSP) you use to access your cellphone banking services. So what is the Standard Bank registration process?
- Visit the bank’s website from your internet-enabled device. Tap the ‘Register’ icon for internet banking.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Here, you will be asked to fill-in a short registration form
- On the form, you will have to key in your email address, confirm your email address, key in your password, confirm your password, and key in your preferred name
- Accept the terms and conditions by ticking the small box on the left lower side of the form
- Click save.
- The site will process your information and complete the sign-in process. You will be directed to a new page
- Here, you will have to key in more details. You will key in your card number and ATM PIN
- Choose your preferred mode of communication: either cell phone number or email address
- After that, click next to key in your OTP details
You can now successfully log into the Standard bank online account and perform any financial activity.
Choosing a Password
Standard bank adheres to the strictest standards when it comes to internet security. While they may use dual-factor authentication, it is still necessary to create a strong password to ensure that your information is secure.
Therefore, as you create your online banking password, you need to ensure that it meets the following criteria:
- It should contain a minimum of 6 characters.
- It should have a maximum of 16 characters
- Ensure two characters are letters
- It should have at least two numeric characters
- At least one character should be a capital letter
Please note that you cannot use a string of three similar or consecutive numbers together. i.e 456, 243, 123.
Benefits of Standard Bank Internet Banking
The Standard Bank internet banking option offers you the convenience of conducting your financial transactions without physically visiting a banking branch. Apart from that, here are some of the other benefits that you can get:
- Access to the most recent balances of all the linked accounts
- Allows you to transfer funds between accounts
- You can use it to send payments and payment confirmation to beneficiaries
- Purchase or sell shares or airtime
- Allows you to order or activate a visa debit card and retrieve your pin back
- You can use the account to set up, cancel or amend a standing order
- Make money transfers to several accounts
- Bank your money in several major currencies
- A single login allows you to manage all your accounts
- The internet banking channel maintains world-class internet standards to secure transactions.
How to Make Online Payments
Making payments online is not only convenient but also fast and safe. Standard Bank Internet banking makes it easy to pay your beneficiaries and make once-off payments. But how do you go about it?
Making a Beneficiary Payment
- To get started, you need to log into your Internet banking profile and access the ‘account summary’ dashboard
- From the top menu bar, select ‘Transact.’
- Under ‘Pay and Transfer,’ select the ‘Pay beneficiary’ title
- A drop-down menu will appear from which you should select the account you want to send payment from
- Enter the amount you want to send and click on the “Next button
- Before anything else, confirm the details of the beneficiary you are sending the payments to. Ensure they are alright, then click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Once the payment is successful; you will receive a green message as confirmation.
Making a Once-Off Payment
- To make a once-off payment, you have to log into your internet banking account and access the account summary dashboard.
- Just like paying a beneficiary, find ‘transact’ on the top menu bar. However, click on the ‘Once-Off payment’ under ‘Pay and Transfer.’
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select the account you want to make payments to.
- Please provide the name of the beneficiary that will receive the payment together with their account number.
- You also have to give ‘Your reference’ details as it appears on your statement.
- Provide the ‘Beneficiary reference details as they appear on the statement of the beneficiary
- You can choose to save the beneficiary details at this stage or not.
- Choosing ‘Yes’ will provide you with three ways through which you can send them notifications.
- You need to provide a recipient name that will appear on the notification that you send to the beneficiary.
- Select the amount you want to send and click the ‘Next” button
- Confirm that all the beneficiary details are correct before clicking the ‘confirm’ button.
- You will receive a One-Time password that you should submit and finally complete the process.
- You will receive a green message to signal that the payment is successful.
Standard Bank Internet Banking App
Apart from banking online through the Standard Bank website, users can sign into Standard Bank’s banking app.This banking solution is convenient, safe and secure. You can manage your loans and control your accounts on the go.
How to Register for the Standard Bank App
Individuals with accounts in Standard Bank can register on the Standard Bank app. If you do not have an account with the bank and wish to use their banking app, you need to open one to sign up for the Standard Bank app.
- Visit Google Play or App Store and download the Standard Bank app
- Create your profile using a valid email address and a strong password
- Link your cards and bank accounts to your banking app
- If you do not have an account with Standard Bank, you can download the banking app and install it on your phone. Then create a MyMo Bank Account
Making online payments with the Standard Bank beats manual payments. It offers you a guarantee of safety, speed, and convenience. But the services do not only start and end at making online payments. The platform facilitates several other services, such as paying your bills online, reversing your debit order, and getting an online loan, among others.