To understand the SAB Zenzele Kabili B-BEE Share Scheme, you first have to know what SAB Zenzele is. SAB Zenzele is a top South African drink and brewing company. It was first listed in the country’s stock exchange market on the 28th of May 2021, when the SAB Zenzele Kabili B-BBEE Share Scheme got listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange BEE Board. This presented an opportunity to offer equitable ownership to SAB retail partners and its employees, including owners of bottle stores and taverns. This made historical marks as it became the largest B-BBEE share scheme in the FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) sector. The total maturity value was R9.7 billion. By the time it concluded in May 2021, shareholders who put in R100 in 2010 expected a pre-tax dividend return of R77 518. This guide will shed more light on the company and explain the easiest way to buy the said shares.
There are several ways and platforms to secure the Zenzele Kabili Shares. Generally, though, two major options are available for investors to buy shares. First, investors can buy the said shares from a JSE-registered broker. Alternatively, they can purchase via a trading platform. Several banks, such as the FNB and Investec, offer the shares on their company share trading platforms. In addition, there are numerous other private platforms you could explore. Make sure to choose one that works best for you. Below are a few ways you could buy the shares.
You need to follow four simple steps to secure these shares:
- First open an account on the capital website. To open the trading account, you need to click on the trade now button and then submit your details (email and password)
- Account verification. This is a process that ensures that you are a legit South African., You have to provide proof of residence (address) and ID documents to verify your identification
- Fund Deposit. You must deposit an amount not less than 20 GBP/USD/EUR following the payment options offered on the platform.
- Buying the SAB Zenzele shares. Please search for the posted shares on the platform, choose SAB Zenzele shares, and purchase them.
Other Important Tips you Ought to Know
Buying the right shares is not easy if you do not know how to do it. As such, it helps to have a few pointers:
- Have a stockbroker. Find a well-regulated stockbroker with affordable rates. Check reviews and consider the performance of the share trading platform you settle for.
- Research the share you want to buy. Do not rush to purchase shares you have no idea about. Several factors will guide your choice of shares to invest in. Your broker can be a good source of information, but it also helps to learn more about the shares, in this case, SAB Zanzele shares.
- Check the previous performance and check the valuation, among other critical indicators. In the end, you want to choose shares that will give you a significant return on investment.
Follow these steps to buy shares on the computershare platform:
- Register an Account
If you are interested in buying the shares directly from the Computershare site, then you start by opening an account if you do not have one already. This account is known as an easy account which requires no monthly charges to maintain it every month. All you have to do is cater to the trading cost whenever you buy or sell your shares. Download then sign the custody and settlement agreement once you have registered your account. Besides that, you also need a naturalization affidavit in the oaths and commissioner. Make sure to complete and sign it as well. Once the forms are completed, submit them to SABKabili@computershare.co.za accompanied with certified copies of the following documents:
- Identity card
- Bank statement
- Proof of residence
- Income tax document with your tax number
Ensure that the supporting documents are not older than one year, except the proof of residence, which must be within three months.
- Once your application has been approved, the account will be BEE validated/ verified
- Once the validation is done, you can fill in your Dealing Trust account and then contact your Computershare agent and give the order to purchase the Zenzele Kabili shares. You can manage your investment portfolio through the investor center portal once you purchase the shares (this happens online).
You can also get Zenzele Kabili Shares on Easy Equities, as recently announced by the trading platform. Easy Equities is one of the most popular low-cost trading platforms in South Africa, where people can buy stock exchange-traded funds (ETF), change traded notes (ETNs), and other baskets and bundles.
- To buy these shares on the platform, you first must open a client account. The purchase process is quite different from the other BEE share alternatives you may know.
- Here, individual investors must fill a naturalization affidavit at a certified commissioner of oath office.
- The investors also have to supply required documents such as IDs. In addition, easy Equities will give instructions on how small and micro-businesses can buy these shares.
- Authorized B-BBEE Exempted enterprise representatives must sign the EME-Gen-Affidavit.
- In addition, the micro-enterprise must also have a prior trading period yearly revenue of R10 million or lower. This signing must be done in the presence of an oath commissioner.
- The representative approving the small enterprises must have an annual R10 – R50 million annual turnover in the past trading period and must sign the QSE-Gen- Affidavit.
- Once these requirements have been met, a new Easy ZAR BEE account will be activated after the documents have gone through a review and authorization process.
- Once done, you can now buy and sell the shares as you would any other listed stock on the platform.
Buying ZAB Zenzele shares has never been easier. But, first, you have to find a platform or avenue that is easy to work with and adhere to your requirements. Then, anyone interested can buy these shares and gain immensely as long as they choose a platform they are comfortable with.