The Capfin loan is an increasingly popular short-term loan being used in South Africa. They keep the loan application process simple and offer a loan term limited to 6 or 12 months. Ever since it was founded in 2010, Capfin has consistently exceeded its customer’s expectations with responsible lending and friendly service, acting as a credible credit provider. This is in line with the company’s vision of providing clients with affordable personal loan services and products, Beyond these, Capfin strives to make it easy for you to apply for loans, by making their loan products affordable and easy to access. This sets them apart as more than a short-term lender. Learn all you need to know about the Capfin loan application here.
As a lender, Capfin provides easily manageable and affordable loans up to R50 000 with 12 or 6-month repayment terms. These loan products and services are also transparent to ensure you get value for money, with no hidden charges. Like many responsible loan providers, Capfin assesses your loan affordability with your best interest at heart. This will include checking your credit record/credit score to ensure you can make the monthly repayments. In addition to this, Capfin makes it easy for you to manage your loan by giving you unlimited access to your loan account.
How to Apply for a Capfin Loan?
In order to qualify for a Capfin loan, you must:
- Have a valid South African ID
- Have your three latest bank statements or latest three payslips
- Have a working cell phone number
- Be in permanent employment and receiving a monthly income
- Have a valid South African bank account
- Be at least eighteen years old
The amount you are eligible to borrow will depend on the outcome of your affordability assessment which considers a number of factors including your income, credit profile and monthly expenses.
If you have all these documents in place, you need to choose how to apply for your the loan. There are three ways to apply for the Capfin loan. These are:
Capfin Online Loan Application
- To apply online, you have to load the Capfin website on your browser
- Key in your personal information in the respective boxes, SA ID number, Phone number and your Email address
- Tick the terms and conditions box before pressing continue
- This will create your Capfin online profile. You then need to log in to your profile using your South African ID number and a One-Time-Pin (OTP) sent to your registered number
- Once you are in, you need to follow the instructions to apply
Capin SMS Loan Application
In this case, you need to send a short message of your South African ID number to 33005. Please note that the standard SMS charges/rate apply.
Visiting any Ackermans or PEP till points countrywide
Capfin will process your documents as well as your loan application and communicate to you the amount of loan that you can get based on your details. If you are agreeable to the amount of loan that you qualify for, you need to notify Capfin for the final processing of your loan agreement.
Please note that the Capfin online loan application is safe since you have to create a profile with limited access. Only you can access this profile using a One-Time-Pin (OTP) and your South African ID number. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number each time you need to log in to your Capfin online profile.
How Long Does Capfin Take to Approve a Loan?
There is no standard time that you have to wait for your loan to be approved after your application. However, you can call 087 354 0000 to track your Capfin online loan approval status. Once the loan is approved, you will receive the loan amount (pay-out) to your registered bank account within 48 hours.
How to Check Capfin Balance Online?
Checking your Capfin loan balance online is just as easy as applying for the loan. Essentially, to apply for the loan online, you have to create a profile, be assessed by the lender and get your potential loan amount based on affordability. Once the loan has been issued and you are up for repayment, you might need to confirm the loan balance occasionally. To do this, you need to:
- Log in to your Capfin profile using your ID number
- Check your loan balance using the appropriate function in the platform
How to login to Capfin Loan Account?
It is easy to log in to your Capfin account:
- Visit https://www.capfin.co.za
- Click on the Login button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your SA ID Number.
- You will then receive an OTP code to the cellphone number you registered.
- Enter the OTP code and you will then be logged in to your account.
Capfin Contact Details
You can speak with Capfin via the contact centre, you can use any one of the following methods:
- Telephone: 087 354 0000
- SMS: Send the word “HELP” to 43679
- USSD: *120*5566#
- Email: email@example.com
- FAX: 086 688 0000
- Physical address:
1 Industrie Street
- You can also fill in an online form on Capfin website to communicate with the lender
- Fraud report email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fraud report phone number: 0873540033
Capfin loan solves your cash problem with an easy application process, zero hidden fees and interest rates, and an unlimited access to your loan account. Beyond the Capfin loan product and services, the lender also writes off any outstanding loan balance in the unfortunate case a loan holder passes on. Therefore, to enjoy these and many more benefits, use any of the application processes explained above to get approved for the Capfin loan.