This article will show you how to get free data on MTN in South Africa. MTN is one of the largest telecommunications providers in South Africa providing voice and data services.
Steps to get Free Data on MTN
- Dial *131*7*5*1*1#
- Do this repeatedly in order to keep accumulating the data.
- You will be provided with 120GB.
- If you run out of data, you can repeat the process to add more data.
How to get 1GB free data on MTN?
Follow the below steps to see if you are eligible for the 1GB of free data on MTN:
- Insert your MTN SIM card into a phone
- Switch on the phone and it should connect to the MTN network
- Send an SMS message with 4G to 131
- If you are eligible for free data, you will then get an SMS message confirming how much data you’ve received and how long it’s valid for.
- Free data will then automatically be loaded on your account within 24 hours.
How to Use your Free Data?
The data can take 24 hours to be loaded onto your account but is usually quicker. As soon as you receiving a message to confirm the free data has been loaded, you can start using it straight away. Any data that is not used will expire at 24:00 on the last day the data is valid for – shown on the confirmation SMS message.
Enter the R1 Million MTN Springbok Monthly Draw
MTN are also currently running a competition as a sponsor of the Springboks, creating 10 new millionaires in 10 weeks! You can take part in this by following the below steps:
- Join MyMTN YelloBucks using the MTN App or dialling the following on your phone – *234#
- You will earn 1 YelloBuck for every R1 you spend with MTN. Each Yellobuck you earn is one entry into the weekly draw to win R1 million.
- You can also redeem YelloBucks for rewards on the MyMTN Rewards catalogue.
You can find out more about the R1 Million draw here: https://www.mtn.co.za/springboks/
How can I get unlimited data on MTN?
If you are looking to get unlimited data on MTN. You can subscribe to the MTN Unlimited Data Plan. To do this, dial *567*59# on your phone. Then select Option 1 to subscribe to the Unlimited Data plan and this will update your service with MTN.
MoneyToday South Africa is a financial website aims to assist consumers with comprehensive information on personal finance, loans, insurance, investment opportunities, financial guides, tips and comparison of a large number of finance and insurance companies on the South African market.