Game is a subsidiary of JSE listed Massmart Holdings. It has been operating in South Africa since 1970. The firm started out in Durban. It is primarily a retailer but incorporates additional services to improve customer satisfaction. One such service is the Game Credit solutions. It facilitates access to credit facilities that can be used within and outside Game. This service is made available through a partnership with RCS Group, an NCR (National Credit Regulator) registered financial service provider.
Types of Game Credit Card
As a consequence of this partnership between Game and RCS Group, there are three credit product offers; Game mystore Card, Game my finance Card, and Game Cash Loans. This article will focus on the credit products that can be used at Game – the Game Mysore Card and Game myfinance Card.
Game Store Card
Game Store Card provides customers who may not have cash on hand with the opportunity to purchase any product within a Game store or online, on credit. Customers can choose a revolving or budget payment plan of 24 or 36 months. The following are the key features and benefits:
- You could qualify for credit of up to R50 000
- Enjoy 50% off extended warranties
- There is free delivery for selected large-item purchases, up to a delivery value of R250
- Get up to 3 additional cards for friends or family
- Shop online or in-store with Game Store Card
- Use your Game Mystore card in-store or online at Makro, Builders and any RCS network retailer (600 brands across 26,000 stores in South Africa)
Game myfinance Card
The Game myfinance card is generally used for once-off, large ticket purchases. It is the alternative for you if you want a higher spending capability than what the Game mystore Card offers. It has the following features:
- Finance one-time purchases to a maximum of R 125,000
- There is no deposit requirement
- Instalments are fixed monthly over the repayment period selected
- Choose from 12-60 months repayment plans
Feature of Game Credit Solutions
The game sends monthly statements to a cardholder for free via SMS or email. Additionally, you get an SMS message each time your card is used to make a purchase.
The game’s website facilitates Self Service. You can use it to check your available credit, access cash, pay your outstanding credit debt, view and download your Game Store Card statements, request frequent e-statements, and change your email address.
Game Credit App
Game Credit App helps you manage your Game mystore Card account. Using the app, you can check your available credit, download a maximum of 6 months’ latest statements, change your email, and make your debt repayments. The Game Credit mobile app can be downloaded from iOS, Android or Huawei devices.
Customer Protection Insurance
Every Game Credit Solution has its own Customer Protection Insurance, which covers:
- A death cover that completely pays off your outstanding Game Credit Card balance in case you pass away while indebted
- A permanent disability cover that settles all your debt if you get a permanent disability while still indebted to Game
- A temporary disability cover that pays your monthly instalments for up to 12 months while you recuperate
- A loss of income cover. This cover pays you monthly instalments for up to 12 months following your loss of employment
This insurance is underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited.
How to Apply for Game Credit Solutions
Applications for the Game mystore Card can be made online or in-store. Go here to apply online for a Game mystore Card. On the other hand, applications for Game myfinance Card can only be made at Game stores. You can check using SMS to see if you qualify for a My Finance Card, though. To check, SMS “(insert your ID) *(insert your Initial)*( insert your Surname) *(insert your Monthly Salary)” to 47566. For example, *7013321000567*SE*Maponya*13000. Applicants for these Game Credit Solutions products should meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 18 years old and above
- The applicant must have a South African ID or driver’s license
- You must have an email address
- The applicant must have a bank account
- You must be employed
- The applicant must be earning a minimum monthly salary of R2,000 (note that proof of your income will be required)
Costs of Game Credit Solutions
There is no explicit advertisement of the charges for credit facilities with Game Credit Solutions on their official website. Although, they say all additional charges to the principal amount will be outlined in the pre-agreement. Ensure you read and understand the agreement as well as the terms and conditions before committing to the Game credit card.
Where can I use my Game Card?
You can use your game card across a number of different retailers including Makro, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Boxer, Checkers etc. You can see a full list of shopping location here on the RCS website.
You can benefit from the ability to buy an expensive item using the Game myfinance Card or smaller purchases using the Game mystore Card. However, it would help if you looked out for the costs associated with your purchase. Ensure you understand what you’re getting into before you apply for any credit product.