Would you like to find out when your DStv membership expires? You can determine your due date and make appropriate plans if you check your account balance. The methods listed below will enable you to check your balance online in a variety of ways. Follow these steps to check your DStv balance online, via the app, using the USSD code, and more.
DSTV Balance Check with USSD Short Code
Using the USSD code is one of the simplest ways to check your account balance. Follow these two simple steps:
- Dial *206# and press OK.
- Select the preferred option and follow the prompts.
Use MyDSTV App
Checking the balance of your DStv membership account is only one of the many tasks that customers may conduct using the DStv app. Below are the steps you need to follow:
1. Open the My DSTV App on your Android or iPhone.
2. Enter the Surname or phone number you used to register your decoder.
3. Then, enter your smart card number to check your DSTV balance.
4. Click on the Sign-in button.
5. The dashboard will open, and the balance will show on your screen.
Check your DStv Balance Online
The online self-service portal is another simple way to check your balance. Similar to the app, the portal was created so that users could accomplish a variety of tasks without going into a physical location. Here is how to check your account balance:
1. Go to DSTV website using your preferred browser.
2. Tap the drop-down at the upper right corner of the site.
3. Select your country.
4. Then tap on the “Login” at the top right side of the website.
5. Enter the surname or mobile phone number you used to register your account.
6. Next. key in your smartcard number.
7. Click on “Login” to sign in to your account.
8. The dashboard will open and display your DStv balance.
Contact DSTV Customer Care
- Call +256312245245.
- Whatsapp on +25678160091.
- Click here for more DSTV contacts.
Why Is It Important To Check Your DStv Subscription Balance?
A subscription often has a 30-day grace period after which it expires and your decoder is disconnected. You should always check your balance because the main goal is to keep you from becoming disconnected. Aside from the fact that if your account is disconnected, the entertainment will be disrupted.
It’s also crucial to remember that if you’ve been disconnected, you’ll need to pay a reconnection cost in addition to your membership fee. The reconnection charge typically costs roughly R50.00, although DStv’s decision can affect this as well.
If you can afford it, you can simply pay 12 months in advance to spare yourself the hassle. You won’t have to worry about remembering to check the balance and the due date each week if you do it this way. You can use the techniques we have outlined above to keep track of your payments and how much you owe each month if you are unable to pay for 12 months in advance.
MoneyToday South Africa is a financial website aims to assist consumers with comprehensive information on personal finance, loans, insurance, investment opportunities, financial guides, tips and comparison of a large number of finance and insurance companies on the South African market.