The Woolworths Silver Credit Card is a very interesting product. It has been created with those who like rewards in mind. It is affordable and is easily accessible to more people as you do not need to earn a lot of money a month to be eligible for this card.
You receive 1% back on Woolworths shopping vouchers, 0.5% back on non-Woolworths shopping vouchers and 1% on combustible cashback. Let’s take a look at the Woolworths Silver Credit Card in more depth.
Key Highlights of the Woolworths Silver Credit Card
- Cash when you need it as you can withdraw funds from this credit card
- Automatic basic travel insurance
- Lost card protection
- 1% back in WRewards
- Budget facility
- Loyalty vouchers get sent out in February, May, August and November.
Features and Benefits
- You can draw money out of your Woolworths credit card at any ATM that has a Visa logo. Interest is charged on all cash advances.
- Basic travel insurance is included if you are under 75 years old and purchase an international airline ticket using your Silver Credit card.
- Lost card protection is covered as long as you notify Woolworths that your card has been lost or stolen within 24 hours. This covers you against the fraudulent use of both primary and secondary cards.
- You get offered comprehensive balance protection on your Woolworths credit card.
- You become an automatic WReward member. This offers your exclusive promotions and exciting benefits. You earn rewards each time you swipe.
- You get an electronic statement every month.
- Pay for your fuel with your credit card and get up to 1% back in WRewards quarterly vouchers PLUS no transaction fees. As well as up to 55 days interest-free on all fuel purchases.
Fees and Charges associated with the Woolworths Silver Credit Card
The following fee numbers are valid as of the 16th of September 2020. These pricings may change.
- Once off initiation fee: N/A
- Card replacement fees: R 100.00
- Unpaid Debit Order fee: R 105.00
- Unpaid cheque fee: R 105.00
- Card courier fee: R 155.00
- Online banking: Free
- ABSA ATM Account Payment fee: R 4.25 plus R 1.30/R 100.00 (max R 15.00)
- ABSA ATM mini statement fee: R 1.90
- Secondary card: Free
Your interest rate will be shown on your monthly banking statement.
Application Eligibility for The Woolworths Silver Credit Card
- Have an account with the bank
- Over 18 years of age
- Earn at least R 3 000.00 per month or R 24 000.00 gross annual
How to Apply Online for a credit card from Woolworths
The application process for the Woolworths Silver Credit Card is fairly simple. All you need to do is go onto the Woolworths website and fill out the application. The instructions are easy to follow. You will be told in a few days if you are able to get the credit card or not. Your card will be delivered to your workplace or your home if you are getting the credit card.
No matter how you decide to collect your card, make sure that you have your valid ID book or card with you so that you can prove that you are the person who owns the card.
If you do not want to apply for the card online, then you can simply go to your closest Woolworths and fill in the forms in store. The store will then upload your information and you will receive confirmation if you are getting the card or not.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- Valid ID
- Present the last 3 paychecks or bank statements
Pros and Cons
There are a few pros and cons to the Woolworths Silver Credit Card:
- 1% back on rewards
- Up to 55 days without interest
- It is safe
- Highly competitive rates
- Easy application
- Basic automatic travel insurance
- Free additional cards
- VISA flags
- Lost card protection
- You can only use the budget option if you purchase items for R 300.00 or more
- Depending on your credit limit will depend on how much you can withdraw per day. You cannot withdraw more than R 7 500.00 a day
ALSO LEARN: Woolworths Gold Credit Card
Why should you choose this card?
If you are the type of person who loves to shop at Woolworths and you enjoy getting rewards back for your groceries, then this is the type of credit card that you want. It has a fixed interest rate of 5% that you need to pay back per month. So, if you are able to manage your finances properly and are good at sticking to a budget, you are going to love getting a Woolworths Silver Credit Card.
We give the Woolworths Silver Credit Card 8/10