Woolworths is known as the cream of the crop when it comes to our local grocery stores. They have made sure that they have designed a credit card that fits this description as well. Take a look at the Woolworths Black Credit Card:
Key Highlights of the Woolworths Black Credit Card
- Free taste magazine
- Free coffee or tea twice a month at any Woolies cafe, to go or Tapas bar
- Free online delivery
- This black credit card is recognized internationally
- Cash when you need it
- Free additional cards
- Automatic WRewards membership
- VISA purchase protection
- Medical and Legal assistance
Features and Benefits
- You get 3% back in WRewards quarterly vouchers on all Woolworths purchases excluding those made at an Engen garage.
- You will get free online delivery. All you need to do is save your Black Credit Card in your profile in order for you to get these benefits.
- Your credit card is recognized by 29 million merchants around the world.
- One of the big benefits of this card is the medical and legal assistance. You can get assistance on the telephone when you are traveling with your family for the duration of up to 90 days out of your country. There are lots of free benefits in the legal and medical assistance benefit feature of this credit card.
- You will receive electronic statements on a monthly basis.
- Budget facilities allow you to purchase goods and you can put it through on a budget program. This means that you can pay it off between 6-60 months as long as you spend more than R 300.00.
- Pay for your fuel with your credit card and get up to 1% back in WRewards quarterly vouchers PLUS no transaction fees. As well as up to 55 days interest free on all fuel purchases.
Fees and Charges associated with the Woolworths Black Credit Card
The following fee numbers are valid as of the 16th of September 2020. These pricings may change.
- Service fee: R 69.00
- Initiation fee: R 100.00
- Card replacement fees: Free
- Unpaid Debit Order fee: R 105.00
- Unpaid cheque fee: R 105.00
- Card courier fee: Free
- Online banking: Free
- ABSA ATM Account Payment fee: Free
- ABSA ATM mini statement fee: R 1.90
- Secondary card: Free
Your interest rate will be shown on your monthly banking statement.
Application Eligibility for The Woolworths Black Credit Card
- Over 18 years of age
- Have a valid RSA ID number
- Earn in excess of R 41 666.00 per month
How to Apply Online for a credit card from Woolworths
The application process for the Woolworths Silver Credit Card is fairly simple. All you need to do is go onto the Woolworths website and fill out the application. The instructions are easy to follow. You will be told in a few a days if you are able to get the credit card or not. Your card will be delivered to your work place or your home if you are getting the credit card.
No matter how you decide to collect your card, make sure that you have your valid ID book or card with you so that you can prove that you are the person who owns the card.
If you do not want to apply for the card online, then you can simply go to your closest Woolworths and fill in the forms in store. The store will then upload your information and you will receive confirmation if you are getting the card or not.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- Valid ID
- Present the last 3 pay checks or bank statements
- Utility bill or original bank statement dated within the last 3 months, as proof of residence
Pros and Cons
There are a few pros and cons for the Woolworths Black Credit Card:
- Free taste magazine
- Easy to apply for the card
- Free online delivery which can save you time as well as money
- 90 ay protection from theft
- You receive free travel insurance if you buy your airline ticket with your Black Credit Card
- You can accumulate debt very quickly with this card because you will tend to buy more food with your card which is an essential and will add up if you are not good with budgeting your money
- The interest rate may be high
ALSO LEARN: Woolworths Silver Credit Card
Why should you choose this card?
There are more pros to this credit card option than there are negatives. You will receive free coffee or tea twice a month which is a nice bonus for those of us who like to drink coffee or tea. If you do a lot of online shopping, you will save a lot of money if you get this card because of the free online delivery.
It is also nice to know that if you are overseas with your loved ones and one of them might be feeling a bit sick, you get medical assistance over the phone for free.
Overall, we give the Woolworths Black Credit card 9/10