If you make R 25 000.00 per month or more and like to travel a lot of business or pleasure, then the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card is a great option for you.
Key Highlights of the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card:
- Get car rental and chauffeur services through Avis and receive up to 25% off your next rental through Avis
- 10% discount at Luxury serviced apartments when you are abroad
- Complimentary hotel nights when you stay with Marriott Bonvoy
- 10% discount at bookings.com when you pay with your credit card
- Swipe your credit card at A Place to Shop and get up to 10% off when you spend at least R 300.00
- Buy 1GB of AlwaysOn Wi-Fi for a once-off fee of R 19.00 and receive 11GB free
- You get automatic travel insurance
- Purchase protection and swipe your credit card without having to worry
- Use your credit card to pay for your AA subscription and receive a 15% discount
- Tap and pay in-store for R 500.00 or less
- Change your credit limit on request
Features and Benefits:
- Travel benefits
- Lounge access
- Discounts on accommodation
- 35% off Emirates flights
- Car rental
- 10% discount off your health spa voucher
- Link your card to SnapScan or Materpass apps and you can pay using your phone instead of your card
- Automatic lost card protection
- Single limit for straight and budget facilities
- 55 days interest-free if your card is paid in full
Fees and Charges associated with the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card:
The amounts below have been active since the 26th of October 2020. These amounts may change without notice.
- Maintenance fee: R 30.00
- Monthly service fee: R 264.00
- Second card fee: R 22.00
- Once off initiation fee: R 180.00
- Cash deposits at a Standard Bank Branch: R 10.00 plus R 2.35 per R 100.00 or part thereof( min R 45.00)
- Cash deposits at the Standard Bank ATM: 1 Free per statement and then R 2.30 per R 100.00
- Cash withdrawals at a Standard Bank ATM: R 2.35 per R 100.00 or part thereof
- Cash withdrawals at another bank ATM: R 10.00 plus R 2.35 per R 100.00 or part thereof
- Cash withdrawals at a bank branch: R 55.00 plus R 2.35 per R 100.00 of part thereof
- Bank cheque issued: R 135.00
- Card replacement fee: R 145.00
- Express delivery ( face to face) fee: R 450.00
- Face to face delivery fee: R 159.00
The interest rates are personalised and range from a minimum of 7.25% to the maximum which is 17.75% (Repo rate plus 14%). The monthly repayment is a minimum of 3% of your outstanding balance.
Application Eligibility for The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card:
- Must earn R 25 000.00 per month or more
- Must be over the age of 18 years of age
- Valid South African ID card or green book or passport if you not a South African citizen
How to Apply Online for a Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card:
If you already have an account with Standard Bank, all you need to do is apply for the Credit Card through your banking app. You do not have to worry about the documents as the bank will already have the paperwork on their system.
If you do not bank with Standard Bank, all you need to do is go onto their website and complete the application online.
The bank will then get back to you if you qualify for the World Citizen Credit Card or not. Once you have been accepted, you can collect your card from the nearest bank or you can request that the card be dropped off at a location of your choice for an extra charge.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- South African ID copy or passport if you not a South African citizen
- A recent payslip and 3 months bank statement
- Proof of residence not older than 3 months
Pros and Cons:
There are a few pros and cons to choosing this credit card.
- Can get the card if you not a South African citizen
- Lots of travel and insurance benefits
- The monthly service fee is a bit higher than other credit card options
- The credit limit is R 250 000.00
Why should you choose this card?
The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card is the ideal credit card for someone who travels a lot and would like to get benefits for traveling. You get discounts from renting card to staying at hotels and even treating yourself to a spa day. If you can afford the credit card and want travel discounts then this is a great credit card option for you.
Overall, we rate this credit card 8/10