Standard Bank has a number of different credit cards that will surely fit your needs. If you’re looking for something that has a number of useful add-ons for travellers, the Standard Bank Titanium Credit Card is the right card for you.
Standard Bank Titanium Credit Card
The Titanium Credit Card offers value-added features excellent for those who love to travel. It has a lot of discounts for airfare tickets, car rentals, and taxi fares when you use the card for purchase. Aside from this, you receive personalised service from an exclusive banking team you can get in touch with 24/7.
Features and Benefits
As a Standard Bank Titanium Credit Cardholder, you’ll be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Get up to 55 days of interest-free purchases using your Titanium Credit Card, when you pay your balance in full.
- Earn UCount Rewards points every time you use your Titanium Credit Card.
- You can save up to 35% on tickets you purchase for Emirates airlines when you book through Leisure Desk.
- Enjoy up to 15% off on your next car rental from Avis.
- Get up to 10% off your car rental booking from participating Hertz branches.
- Pay 4 Ster-Kinekor tickets for the price of 3 when you use your Titanium Credit Card.
- Enjoy up to 33% off on your Wine of the Month purchases online.
- Receive 20% off your fare trips in Africa and the Middle East when you use the Careem cab hailing mobile app.
- Lost Card Protection covers you from being held liable for fraudulent activities when your card gets lost or stolen.
- Card functionality on till points, online transactions, and ATMs can be configured using Standard Bank’s mobile app.
- Manage your card through your phone, the app, through Standard Bank ATMs, or using your online account.
- Enable payment using your phone by linking your card with the Masterpass app or the SnapScan app.
- Enjoy fast and easy transactions through the Tap to Pay™ for purchases amounting to R500 or less.
- The Titanium Credit Card is accepted by millions of merchants worldwide, thanks to the MasterCard logo.
- Online shopping is safer with the addition of 3D Secure verification.
- Credit limit of R150 000. Changes on credit limit can be requested.
- Option to bundle the card with a Prestige Banking account. This will waive your monthly credit card fees in addition to the premium services you’ll receive from the package.
Before you forward your application for a Standard Bank Titanium Credit Card, you must satisfy the following criteria first:
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must earn a monthly income of at least R25 000.
After complying with these requirements, prepare the following documents when you submit your application form:
- Most recent payslips (last 3 months).
- Bank statements from the last 3 months.
- Proof of residence like bills that aren’t older than 3 months.
Credit card applications are subjected to a credit check to ensure you’re capable of handling the account.
Interest, Fees, and Repayment Information
The Titanium Credit Card has an initiation fee of R175.00. A service fee of R40.00 and a card fee of R29.00 which both have to be paid monthly will be charged to your account.
Cash withdrawals executed through over-the-counter transactions at any Standard Bank branch will cost you at least R45.00 A cheaper alternative is to withdraw cash through Standard Bank ATMs as this will cost you only R2.25 at the least. It’s a bit more expensive to withdraw cash from non-Standard Bank teller machines since it will cost you at least R9.00. Withdrawing cash using international ATM will cost you even more with an R45.00 additional charge at the least.
Using your card for international transactions will cost you a currency conversion fee of 2.75% of the amount purchased. The same goes for withdrawals outside South Africa.
Minimum monthly payment allowed for the Titanium Credit Card is 3% of your total balance. Late payment will cost you R60.00 in addition to other charges that may apply to your situation.
How to Apply
To apply for a Standard Bank Titanium Credit Card, you can visit a Standard Bank branch, fill out the form available online, or contact them through the following lines:
- Phone: 0861 201 000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org