Standard Bank offers a wide range of banking services for both individual and corporate clients. For personal use, they have a wide range of credit cards that will surely suit your preferences.
Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card
The Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card is a credit product made for those looking to enjoy a number of travel and leisure benefits for being loyal card users. The travel perks, airport lounge access, and exclusive entertainment promos make them a very viable option for those who are frequent travellers.
Features and Benefits
Standard Bank Platinum Credit Cardholders are entitled to receive the following benefits:
- The Platinum Credit Card is accepted by more than 30 million merchants around the world.
- Enjoy up to 55 days of interest-free purchases when the outstanding balance is paid in full by the monthly due date.
- Automatically receive basic travel insurance when you use your Platinum Credit Card to purchase travel tickets.
- Enjoy up to 12 free visits to Bidvest Lounges and unlimited visits to the Connection Hub, the Library Lounge, and the Standard Bank Café Blue at the OR Tambo International Airport.
- Watch movie with your 4 of your friends and pay the price of only 3 tickets using your Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card. This is exclusively available at Ster-Kinekor cinemas.
- Wine of the Month purchases receives 15% to 33% off its price when total value exceeds R500.
- Automatically receive Silver Legacy Lifestyle Membership.
- Enjoy up to 10% off on Hertz Car rentals. You’ll also receive a one class car upgrade on select rental services using your this Platinum Credit Card.
- Get up to 35% off on flight tickets from Emirates when booked through Leisure Desk using your Standard Bank’s Platinum Credit Card.
- Receive 24/7 private banking service with Standard Bank’s Financial Planner program.
- Receive Purchase Protection on payments using your Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card.
- Minimum monthly repayment is at 3% of the outstanding balance.
- Tap to Pay™ contactless payment for purchases amounting to R500 or less.
- Collect points for the UCount Rewards program anywhere you shop using your Platinum Credit Card.
- Credit limit up to R250 000.
- Secondary cards cost only R16.14.
To apply for the Standard Bank Platinum Card, you must comply with the following requirements first:
- You must be above 18 years old.
- Your minimum monthly income should be at least R58 000.
When you’ve satisfied the above mentioned criteria, it’s time to fill out the application form and submit the documents listed below:
- Proof of residence i.e. bills not older than 3 months.
- Payslips and bank statements from the last months.
Your application will be subjected to credit checks, so you must have a good credit standing to clear this requirement.
Interest, Fees, and Repayment Information
The initiation fee for the Standard Bank Platinum Card is R166.45. After that, you have to pay the monthly service fee of R40.35 for maintaining the value-added services on the credit card. A monthly card fee of R40.35, which is used to maintain the credit facility, will also be charged to you.
For cash withdrawals, you can do it on any Standard Bank ATM for a minimum fee of R2.02; non-Standard Bank ATMs charge at least R8.07 for this. Similarly, you can withdraw cash through over-the-counter assistance at any Standard Bank branch for a minimum fee of R40.35. Cash withdrawals on international ATMs also cost a minimum of R40.35.
The Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card has personalised interest rates. If you’re still having trouble with the monthly repayments, you can tap the Budget Facility which allows you to repay transactions amounting to R200 or more in a period of 6 to 60 months. Late payment fees will cost you R146.27, so make sure you pay your debts on time.
How to Apply
To apply for a Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card, you can have the bank call you or you can contact them through the following numbers:
- South Africa: 0861 201 000
- International: +27 11 299 4520
- Email: email@example.com
You can also visit the nearest branch near you or fill out and submit the form available online.