If you’re looking for a credit card that has the right balance between price and features, the Standard Bank Gold Credit Card is a great option to consider.
Standard Bank Gold Credit Card
The Standard Bank Gold Card offers affordable access to value-added features seen on most credit cards. It has low minimum monthly income requirements which makes it accessible and affordable to most South Africans looking for a way to make everyday payments easier.
Features and Benefits
Standard Bank Gold Credit Cardholders are entitled to receive the following benefits:
- Up to 35% off on ticket purchases for Emirates flights when booked through Leisure Desk using your Gold Credit Card.
- Enjoy up to 55 days of interest-free purchases using your SB Gold Credit Card when your previous balance is paid in full.
- Receive Basic Travel Insurance when you purchase your travel tickets using your Gold Credit Card. Coverage on medical expenses is up to R1 000 000 for the first 90 days of your travel. Only those aged 75 years and below are eligible for travel insurance.
- Get 4 Ster-Kinekor tickets for the price of 3 only when you use your Gold Credit Card.
- Get 11GB free data when you buy 1GB of AlwaysOn Wi-Fi services using your credit card.
- Earn UCount Rewards point for every purchase you make with your credit card.
- Pay the 3% minimum monthly repayment without any hassle through the Automatic Payment Option.
- Tap to Pay™ option for purchases amounting to R500 or less.
- Lost Card Protection feature to prevent liability from fraudulent transactions after the card gets lost or stolen.
- Enjoy ‘Buy 1 Get 1’ promos on food and lifestyle offers using the MasterCard app.
- Option to avail the exclusive I Go-China promo for MasterCard holders.
- Enjoy exclusive offers around the world through Priceless Cities program.
- Credit limit of R100 000. Changes on card limit available upon request.
- No transaction cost when used for shopping online or at till points.
- Card functionality can be configured using the Standard Bank mobile app. Transactions can also be monitored using the app.
- Card is protected with 3D Secure verification for safer shopping online.
- Manage ATM and online functionality of your Gold Credit Card using the mobile app.
- Option to link your card to the SnapScan and MasterPass mobile apps to enable payments using your phone.
Before you forward your application for a Standard Bank Gold Credit Card, you must pass the following criteria first:
- You must be above 18 years old.
- You have a monthly income of at least R5 000.
When filing your application, make sure to include the following documents for faster processing:
- Payslips and bank statements from the past 3 months.
- Proof of residence like bills from the last 3 months.
All applications will be subjected to a credit check to ensure financial capability and FICA compliance.
Interest, Fees, and Repayment Information
The initiation fee for the Standard Bank Gold Credit Card is R175. It has a service fee of R40 and a card fee of R14 which you both have to pay on a monthly basis.
Cash withdrawals through Standard Bank ATMs will cost you a minimum of R2.25; non-Standard Bank ATMs will cost you around R9.00 at the least. Over-the-counter cash withdrawals from any Standard Bank branch will cost you at least R45.00. International cash withdrawals on any ATM will cost you at least R45.00, in addition to the currency conversion fee of 2.75%.
Interest rates are personalised according to your credit capability. Minimum monthly repayment is 3% of your current account balance.
ALSO LEARN: Standard Bank Platinum Credit Card
How to Apply
Applying for a Standard Bank Gold Credit Card is easy. You can visit the nearest branch, or fill out the online form available on their website. You can also call or email them through the following contact details:
- Phone: 0861 201 000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org