FNB has got many credit options for you to choose from. If you are retired or 55 years or older; then this is a credit option for you to look at. Today, we are going to look at the FNB Premier Credit Card option.
Key Highlights of the FNB Premier Credit Card
- Your income per year must be between R 240 000.00 and R 749 999.00
- Get access to the Ebucks benefit program
- 55 days interest-free rate
Features and Benefits
- Personalised interest rate
- AA Emergency Roadside assistance
- Visa customer service
- Earn up to 15% in Ebucks rewards
- Unlimited swipes
- Subscription to Online banking for free
- Subscription to Cell phone Banking for free
- Subscription to FNB Banking app for free
- Budget facility
- Auto payment facility
- Free courier card delivery
- Comprehensive Global travel insurance
- Debt relief solutions
- Lost card protection
- Cardless cash withdrawals
Fees and Charges associated with the FNB Premier Credit Card
The following fee numbers are valid as of the 1st of October 2020. These pricings may change.
- Once off initiation fee: up to a maximum of R 175.00
- Secondary card: Free for the second card, thereafter, R 18.50 per card linked to the account
- Card facility service fee: R 17.00
- FNB premier credit card monthly account fee: R 75.00
- Linked petro card fee ( per card linked to the account): R 29.50
- Credit card budget purchases: Free
- FNB ATM: R 2.00 per R 100.00
- Cash at till: Free
- Cardless cash withdrawal: R 2.00 per R 100.00
- Cell phone banking payments: R 8.50
- FNB Branch banking payments: R 80.00
- Cash deposit at FNB ATM: R 1.10 per R 100.00
- Cash deposit at FNB Branch: R 80.00 plus R 2.50 per R 100.00
Application Eligibility for The FNB Premier Credit Card
- Age 55 and above as well as retired
- Annual salary between R 240 000.00 and R 749 999.00
How to Apply Online for an FNB Premier Credit Card
There are a few ways that you can apply for the FNB Premier Credit Card. Firstly, you can call FNB and apply for the card over the phone. Then, wait a few days and they will let you know if you are accepted for the card or not.
Lastly, you can go onto the FNB website and apply for the card online. Make sure that you have the relevant documents on hand so that you can scan them through with your application.
Once you have been accepted, your card will be delivered to you. You are going to need to show your South African ID book or smart card to prove that you are the owner of the card.
If you already have an account with FNB, you can see on the FNB app if you are able to apply for the Credit card or not. Send them a message on the app using InContact and the online bankers will help you with your application process.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- South African ID book or smart card
- Recent payslip
- Proof of residence
- Spousal consent( If married in community of property)
Pros and Cons
There are a few pros and cons to the FNB Premier Credit Card:
- Up to 15% back in Ebucks rewards
- Personalised interest rates
- 55 days interest-free
- Able to link more than one card to the account
- Easy to apply for the card online
- Simple and effective online banking
- Great rewards
- Need to be 55 years or older before you can apply for the card
Why should you choose this card?
FNB is a fantastic bank for you to be part of. The Ebucks rewards allow you to save points year after year that will help you buy things that you might want. The best part about it, you get rewarded for buying items that you were going to buy in the first place.
55 days interest-free allows you to pay back your credit to the bank before you have to spend unnecessary money. The interest rate is also personalised which means that you pay a percentage according to the amount of money that you spend on your card. You do not overpay if you do not use your card that week.
The more you spend, the more you get rewarded.
You get access to InContact. This allows you to talk to bankers online which are there to help you with your account as well as there to answer any questions that you might regarding your account as well as your money and investments.
Overall, we rate the FNB Premier Credit Card 8/10