If you are looking for a basic credit card that gives you added benefits such as AA benefits, then the FNB Petro Credit Card is an option worth looking at.
The nice thing about this card is that you can have it as a standalone card or you can link it to your current credit card and have the added bonus of more credit. It is your choice.
Key Highlights of the FNB Petro Credit card:
- Tap and pay technology with the card which means that you do not have to touch any pay point machines when paying with your card
- For high-value purchases, you are going to need to insert your pin when you use your tap and pay. This is an added safety feature to your card
- FNB has introduced personalised interest rates. This is a great option because some of us earn differently depending on the time of the year. FNB has taken this into consideration and depending on how much you earn that month, will depend on how much interest their will charge you
- AA emergency roadside assist is a great feature to this credit card. If your card has broken down or you have run out of petrol, someone will come and help you restart your card of bring petrol whatever time of day or night it is.
- You can request to have added security such as an armed security guard whilst you wait for AA. This is an added service that comes at an extra cost.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible interest rates
- Allows you to pay conveniently
- Makes payments more secure
- Offers you extra benefits
- Offers flexible interest rates
- Need to make R 84 000.00 per annum or more
Fees and Charges associated with the FNB Petro Credit card:
The fees below have been given using the Standalone option for the credit card. The amounts given were valid as of the 26th of October 2020. Please keep in mind that the fees might change.
- Monthly account fee: R 38.00
- Credit facility service fee from: R 17.00
- Additional Card fee: R 20.00
- Once off initiation fee: up to R 175.00
- Credit card budget purchase: Free
- fuel transaction fee: R 5.75
- declined transaction fee: R 9.50
- Card replacement fee per card: One free per year. Thereafter, R 120.00 per card
- international card delivery fee: R 700.00
- Courier delivery fee: Free
- Urgent delivery fee: R 250.00
- Branch delivery fee: Free
Application Eligibility for The FNB Petro Credit card:
- 18 years or older
- Earn a minimum of R 84 000.00 per annum
How to Apply Online for an FNB Petro Credit card
If you already have an account with FNB, all you need to do is go onto your banking app and apply for the credit card. Once you have done that, you can choose if you want the Petro Credit card to be standalone or link it to your existing FNB Credit Card. That is going to be your choice.
If you do not have an account with FNB, you can either go into your nearest branch, apply for the credit card in-store or you can apply for the Petro Credit card online. Make sure that you have the relevant documents to hand in with your application.
Once you have been approved, you can request for your card to be couriered to you at no extra charge or if you need the card urgently, they can deliver it at an extra cost.
Either way, make sure that you have your ID book or card with you when they deliver so that they can make sure they are giving the credit card to the right person.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- Copy of your recent payslip
- Three months bank statement
- Proof of residence
- South African ID Book or Smart Card
Pros and Cons
There are a few pros and cons to the Petro Credit Card from FNB:
- Can add extra credit to your existing credit card
- Added bonus of AA assist
- Free card delivery
- Can get another type of credit card for the same price with more benefits
Why should you choose this card?
If you are looking to up your credit and want to do so by adding another card to your collection, then the FNB Petro Credit card is the right option for you. It can be a standalone card or you can link it to your existing FNB credit card.
You get the added bonus of AA Assist which is great for car owners.
Overall, we give this credit card 6/10