FNB is the oldest bank in our country. They have a few different credit cards. The cards will be determined by the bank depending on your income. This will help ensure that you get a credit card that you can afford to pay back. Today, we are going to look at the most common Credit card that FNB offers, The Gold Credit Card.
Key Highlights of the FNB Gold Credit Card
We are going to take a look at some of the highlights of this card. Keep in mind that some of the figures might differ depending on how strong or how weak your credit score is:
- FNB decides on your credit limit based on your income. This is unique as some of the other banks tend to give you a credit limit and that is that. You can upgrade your credit limit when you are earning more money.
- You receive a statement every month regarding your credit card and there is a section whereby it shows you how much you need to pay before a certain date. This is convenient as it allows you to budget your money correctly to pay back your debt.
- If you already have a card with FNB, they will set up a link between both cards so that you do not have to worry about paying the minimum amount in your card each month. They will deduct your other account automatically for you. All you need to do is make sure that you have money in your account.
Features and Benefits
- The credit limits are based on your personal information
- You get up to 1.5% back in ebucks on any purchase using your credit card
- Free linkage to Ebucks
- You get free Comprehensive Global Travel insurance
- Tap and pay facilities so you do not have to touch the card machines
- Up to 55 days interest-free credit on your gold credit card
- 15% back in Ebucks when you fill up your car with petrol or use domestic uber rides
- 15% back in Ebucks when you shop at Checkers or Shoprite
- 40% off all FNB Connect contracts and pre-paid purchases
- Free AA roadside assist with your linked petrol card
- Unlimited swipes on the card
Fees and Charges associated with the Gold Credit Card
The fees below are the fees as of the 8th of September 2020. These prices may change but this will give you an idea of what you are in for when it comes to your service charges.
Monthly Service Fees: R 34.00
A monthly credit facility service charge: R 17.00
Once off initiation fee: R 175.00
Additional service fee: R 17.50
Application Eligibility for The FNB Gold Credit Card
- You need to be 18 years or older
- Need to be a South African citizen
- You need to have a good credit score
How to Apply Online
- Visit the FNB Gold Credit Card official website application page and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in the application form online. Be honest with your application because they will check.
- Submit the application.
- FNB has a credit card calculator online where you can work out your monthly installments on all expensive purchases. This will help you budget your money properly.
- Wait a couple of days to see if the application was successful.
- If it was successful, you will receive your card within 7 working days.
You will need to have the following papers with you before you apply:
- 3 months recent bank statement
- South African ID book or card
- Proof of residence
- Copy of your most recent payslip
Pros and Cons
There are a few pros and cons with the FNB Gold Credit Card:
- Fixed interest rate of 8%
- You can withdraw money from your Credit card but you will be charged a fee
- Earn Ebucks when using your card. You can use the Ebucks to buy airtime, pay for petrol and buy things on the Ebucks online store
- Hefty minimum income of R 84 000.00 per annum which is one of the highest requirements in the country. If you are looking to get a credit card but do not earn the right amount, you will not qualify for the Gold FNB Credit Card.
Why should you choose this card?
If you want to get a credit card that is going to be designed for you and your income, then FNB Gold Credit cards are going to be your best option. They cater for your every need and you get the added bonus of their reward system which is the Ebucks rewards. The rewards do come in handy when you are needing extra money in your account as you can use your Ebucks to purchase items from their partners such as Clicks, Checkers, Shoprite and much more.
Overall, we give FNB 8/10