As South Africa’s most leading bank, Absa is focused on providing affordable financial products that take advantage of online channels to better serve their users.
Absa Gold Credit Card
The Absa Gold Credit Card is packed with features designed for those looking for a card with special lifestyle offers. Its most prominent feature is the eligibility of the cardholder to avail discounted rates on the use of the Bidvest Airport Lounge located in various domestic and international terminals throughout South Africa. Aside from the affordable rates, they offer exclusive promos on fuel purchases when you use the card for transactions.
Features and Benefits
With the Absa Gold Credit Card, you’ll be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- You automatically become an Absa Rewards member. Every purchase you make earns you reward points which you can redeem in exchange for various good and exclusive discounts.
- Access to the Bidvest Airport Lounge at discounted rates. This feature is applicable to both international and domestic airports in South Africa. By using your Gold Credit Card, you’ll pay less than regular walk-ins.
- Customizable interest rates and repayment periods.
- Get up to 57 days of interest-free purchases on your Gold Credit Card when you always pay your outstanding balances in full by their due dates.
- No transaction fees are charged when you use your Gold Credit Card on fuel purchases.
- The Gold Credit Card is accepted worldwide on any ATM you can find.
- Receive basic travel insurance when you purchase your flight tickets using your Gold Credit Card.
- The card is ready to be used for contactless payments. Just tap the card on POS terminals with the contactless symbol to complete your transactions in seconds. You can use this for purchases amounting to less than R200.
- You can use the card for online transactions.
- The Gold Credit Card is affiliated with MasterCard which means you can use it on any POS bearing the MasterCard logo.
Before you click that application form or go to the nearest Absa branch to apply for an Absa Gold Credit Card, make sure you satisfy the preliminary requirements listed below:
- Your monthly income should range from R4 000 to R25 000 only
- You must be at least 18 years old
When you’ve ensured your qualification to apply for the credit card, look for the following documents needed in your application:
- A South African ID book or a Smart card
- Proof of residence, i.e. billing statements you received during the past 3 months
- Last 3 payslips to prove that you received income for 3 consecutive months prior to the submission of your credit card application
Absa will assess your eligibility to receive the card by looking into your financial capabilities.
ALSO APPLY FOR: Absa Premium Credit Card
Interest, Fees, and Repayment Information
An initiation fee of R166.45 will be charged to you during your application. From there on, the Gold Credit Card will cost you a monthly service fee of R27. This fee is used to maintain the credit facility and the value-added features on the card.
Cash withdrawals done over the counter will cost you at least R65. It would be cheaper to withdraw cash using your Gold Credit Card on an ATM since this will cost you only around R4.50 at the least. You can also withdraw abroad using any ATM available there for a fee of R65. Take note that there’s a currency conversion charge of 2.75% for using your credit card for international purchases.
You don’t have to worry about getting charged for enquiring your account balance on an Absa and Absa-supported teller machines. For better monitoring, you can opt to receive SMS and email notifications regarding your credit card transactions for a fee of R0.60 per message.
Interest rate for the Gold Credit Card is at 20.75% per annum.
How to Apply
To apply for an Absa Gold Credit Card, you can contact the bank through the following communication channels.
- Phone: 0861 114 411 or 0861 46 22 73
- Email: email@example.com
If you prefer to do it online, you can fill out the form available on Absa’s website.