Capitec Internet Banking – How to Open? – Features, Benefits and More
Capitec internet banking is a convenient banking solution for modern bank users. It offers safe and easy-to-use online banking with zero monthly subscriptions. Even more importantly, you can access your primary savings account, credit, and savings plan as long as you have an internet connection, a computer, or a smartphone.
How to Register for Capitec Internet Banking
Capitec Internet banking is set up to serve all types of bank users through its simple processes. To register for Capitec internet banking, you need to:
- Visit the Capitec Bank website and click the internet banking icon
- Click on register account and choose a username that you can easily remember
- Choose a temporary pin that you will use to access your account during your first internet banking sign in
- Choose if you want to use a security token provided to your cellphone or a key-type device. The purpose of the security token is to generate token security passwords that you will need for signing into internet banking
After registration and authentication of your account, you can now sign in to your Capitec internet banking account.
The bank will prompt you to choose a password to replace your initial temporary pin. Ensure that the pin has a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Remember to activate your security token on your first sign-in.
After the first sign in, you will have to enter your username, password, and security token generated by your security token, in your Capitec Internet Banking. After that, you can start your internet banking transactions once the security token password goes through,.
Using Internet Banking
Every time you sign into Capitec internet banking, the bank assumes you are the one who signed in. The bank will perform all your keyed-in instructions during the session. Therefore, it is important for you to keep your password a secret.
All transactions conducted using your password are legally binding. You cannot hold the bank liable for any activity done in your account without your consent. So, it is wise to avoid saving your password and username on your computer or phone to prevent malicious acts and hacking.
Capitec Internet Banking Features
Capitec Internet banking features allow you to perform a range of banking activities without visiting your bank branch. It allows you to:
- Make payments to various accounts and people
- Transfer money instantly to your accounts
- Block lost or stolen bank cards immediately
- Buy electricity, airtime, SMS, and data for yourself or acquittances
- Add recurring and future payments
- Check current statement and download
- Look at your transaction history
- Perform credit facility transfers
- Add or remove beneficiaries
- Change, save and verify email address for utmost security
- View and download tax interest certificates
With widespread smartphone use in South Africa, Capitec Bank allows all its customers to bank using their newly launched cell phone app.
Search for Capitec Bank on your tablet, laptop, or smartphone app store and download it for free. The mobile app allows you to:
- Open an account with the bank by taking a selfie and scanning your ID
- View all your accounts and balances on your phone
- Customize your favourite features on your phone’s screen by creating shortcuts that allow quick signing in whenever you need it
- Track your daily expenditures on communication, food, and transport
- Download the app for free with zero monthly subscriptions
- Access your accounts without paying for data on MTN, Cell C, Vodacom, and Telkom Mobile
- Allows you to save money by visiting no bank branch
- Make use of biometrics that allows you to sign in and authenticate your account using facial recognition or fingerprint depending on your phone’s features
- Control your expenditure by planning and managing a budget
- Add security to your account and transactions with a remote secret pin
- Conveniently access while on the go
- Freely and safely load bank applications online, scan and pay for transactions
- New Android and Apple App
- Capitec Internet banking boasts an extra feature that allows you to bank and live better. The banking app is available on Apple and Android phone stores. It has a simple interface that is easy to use. This is an entirely new app and not a refurb of the old one.
- Allows you to customize your favourite features by setting shortcuts on your home screen for quick access to the bank
- Permits you to run several card transactions by turning your card on and off
- You can track your expenditure on basic things
- Like the old app, it allows you to use biometric when signing in with your fingerprints and face recognition
Debt Management: Capitec boasts of a global debit card that gives you free saving plans, insurance, and personalized debit choice in one place. You can access your account using your debit card number and manage your money using internet banking 365 days, 24/7.
Credit Management: Capitec internet banking has a new virtual card that is free to use online. It is the new digital banking norm that allows you to shop and scan online and make payments. You can also load it on other apps such as Takealot.com and Mr D.
The credit card works by activating it on the new Capitec app, which you download and use for free on your iOS or Android phone. Your card gets stored on the app for safety and easy access. However, this is not a copy of your physical card because it boasts a different CVV number.
Benefits of Capitec Internet Banking
- Convenience: Capitec internet banking is convenient for all South African customers. They can easily access their accounts using their smartphones or computers in the comfort of their home, provided they have an internet connection. This saves them the agony of standing in bank ques to pay bills and ask for bank statements.
- Simplicity: Capitec online banking needs no experience to use. All you need is to key in your details such as your name, card number, and identification number to access your account on the bank’s website.
- Availability: The banks’ internet banking is available 24/7 throughout the year. You can access it anytime, provided you remember all your login details. This allows you to keep a close eye on all your banking transactions wherever you are.
Ending Your Use of Internet Banking
There are two ways in which your Capitec internet banking can come to a halt. First, you can either end it independently if you no longer wish to continue transacting with the bank. However, you first need to inform the bank so that they can deactivate your account. Second, Capitec Bank can decide to end your access to internet banking anytime you violate their terms and conditions. The bank does this after giving you reasonable notice.
Follow these procedure to open a Capitec internet banking account to start transacting online safely and enjoying all the online banking features offered by Capitec internet banking.
- Nedbank Internet Banking – How to Open? – Features and Benefits
- ABSA Internet Banking – How to Open – Features and Benefits
- FNB Internet Banking – Features, Online Registration Process